Mississippi always puts their neighbors and customers First! Great Job. https://t.co/ZqrUXPlnb8
Water & Wastewater
Above or below ground storage tanks, water towers & pipelines
Cathodic Protection for Underground Storage Tanks
Cathodic protection for underground storage tank
For UST OwnersAllow Southern Cathodic Protection Company to assist you in protecting your investment by preventing leaks and meeting state and federal regulations for underground storage tanks and piping.
Even without the strigent EPA regulations mandating corrosion control on underground storage tanks, a sound leak control program makes economic sense. Southern Cathodic Protection Company provides professional engineering services to assist tank owners in preventing leaks and achieving regulatory compliance.
These services include:
- Corrosion Surveys to collect site specific information concerning soil characteristics, resistivity, electrical continuity, stray currents and interference.
- Statistical Corrosion Probability (SCP) analysis for evaluating underground storage tank suitability for upgrading with cathodic protection in accordance with ASTM standards.
Cathodic Protection for Above Ground Storage Tanks
For AST Owners And Operators
Increase facility design life and prevent environmental contamination with Southern Cathodic Protection Company corrosion engineering services.
As with UST's, safety and environmental regulations may require corrosion control for aboveground fuel storage tanks and associated piping in contact with an electrolyte. While material selection and protective coatings are prudent steps in preventing leaks on surfaces exposed to the atmosphere, cathodic protection has proven to be an effective and economical method for controlling corrosion on tank bottoms and underground piping.
Our staff of corrosion engineers provides the following services:
- Cathodic Protection Design utilizing impressed current and galvanic systems.
- Installation and Certification of systems by qualified employees of Southern Cathodic Protection Company.
- Installation Supervision with on-site technical assistance from
Cathodic Protection for Water Towers & Water Facilities
Cathodic Protection for Water Storage Tanks
Cathodic protection is a standard, cost-effective, accepted method to prevent corrosion of the submerged surface inside steel water storage tanks. Cathodic protection systems for water storage tanks are almost always impressed current systems. Technical and economic reasons dictate that galvanic anodes almost never be used to protect a water storage tank.
Design of a cathodic protection system for a steel water storage tank is normally controlled by the following four considerations.
- Current Requirements for Protection
- Water Resistivity
- Geometry of Structure
- Anode Service Life
If anode design provides a uniform distribution of current, then the current requirement for protection of a water storage tank is calculated by multiplying total surface area by a predetermined current density. Although many factors can influence current density, the